Sunday 10 November 2013

Vintage beauty

Ever scrapped one of your favourite childhood toys? Well, when I was designing a new class for Pics 'n Tales recently, I took a photo of one of the dolls that shared my life as a little girl. Her name was Cindy, and she was a ballerina doll. I was struck by how pretty she is. She still evokes those little girl "princess" feelings in me - even today! So what better way to celebrate her, than to make a layout?

For inspiration, I used the current sketch from Scrap365's sketch challenge. It is based on a layout by Yana Smakula, and looks like this:


I used Kaiser Craft's Hidden Treasures range. I love the colour scheme of this range, and specifically wanted to bring out the gold / bronze colours in the patterned paper. To do this, I used Ranger's bronze metallic paint, combined with a bit of blue and green paint on the tag. Once it was dry, I stamped and embossed a sentiment on the tag.


The leaf pins add a fun element, along with the mesh bow, which is tied with washi tape.


In the opposite corner, I added a little golden bird from Making Memories, holding a tag which says : "You are my happy thought". I thought this was quite appropriate... {Don't you just LOVE the earrings?!}


Paint splatters, washi tape, pearls and bunting flags were used to "pull everything together".

I loved working with this sketch, as it allowed me to showcase not only a well-loved toy, but also this gorgeous range of paper from Kaiser Craft!





4 comments:

  1. What a cool idea to scrap your doll - I'm not sure that any of my toys have survived over the years!! I love this collection and you have showcased it beautifully :) Thank you so much for playing along with us at Sketchbook365, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, ballerina Cindy! That sure brings back memories! What a fun idea! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful way to celebrate a childhood memory and you're so lucky to still have her around to photograph! All of my childhood treasures are now long gone. Thank you for playing along with us :) Love your layout

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love your design and colour choice for this layout!

    ReplyDelete