Sunday 27 October 2013

Destination unknown

I am systematically making space in my stash for new goodies. This means that I am really trying hard to create projects with all the heaps and heaps of paper in my stash, using embellishments that I already own. As you would know, this is a bit of a daunting task. Why don't we ever seem to know just how many patterned papers we own, until we try to "work them away"?! Needless to say, progress is slower than I expected...

Luckily there are so many awesome websites with great sketches available these days! This week I used this sketch from Stuck?! to create a layout with a bit of a nostalgic theme:


I used a scanned copy of a very old picture, and wanted to create a vintage look to go with that. The paper is mainly from Prima, and most of the embellishments were cut from the same paper range.

 
Silver Stickles add sparkle to a chipboard flourish, to tie in with the title and a silver glitter leaf to the left of the layout.


 
This little bird already had a crown on its head, but I could not resist using this totally adorable little Prima crown instead. It is tiny, and just perfect for this spot...
 
This is what the finished layout looks like:
 

As you can see, I changed some of the elements a bit - used old book paper instead of a doily, move my title to the other side of the page, used one photo instead of three... In other words, made it my own. I loved working with this sketch!

Take a good look at the (not so) little orange mouse in the little girl's arm. You will see another layout soon featuring that same mouse, created by that same girl many years later...
 

3 comments:

  1. I like how you have mixed it up a bit. with only 1 pic...thanks for playing along at STUCK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sweet page! Thanks for joining us at Stuck? this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty page, love that banner! Thanks for sharing with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete