Sunday 13 October 2013

Playing with left overs

I had a few scraps left over from the latest kit I designed for Pics 'n Tales, and did not want it to go to waste. I used Teresa Collins' Memorabilia range, and just loved the colour combination. I am not particularly fond of orange, but quite enjoyed working with it as part of this funky range. (For a sneak peak at the Pics 'n Tales project, go here.)

I started with a white piece of cardstock, fully planning on making a single page with the left over orange paper. However, somewhere along the line, orange turned into blue. I have no idea how that happened! Maybe something about how my favourite colour is blue?!

Anyway, I played with different inks on water colour paper, then added acrylic paint with a bit of a shimmer to some areas on the water colour paper, and then stamped over it. This was then dolled up with the use of a border punch, and added to the reverse side of the orange paper.


Next followed some black ribbon and seam binding coloured with Distress Ink.  My photo was mounted on an embossed white cardstock mat, with a banner added below the photo. A few stars and a heart decorated with silver stickles followed.


I used different chipboard letters to create the title, added a rub-on and a stamp to the title and voila! Layout done. Actually, I added a bit of journaling to the right and below of the stamped hand afterwards. It reads: "This is us Kiddo - always looking forward, together."


I must say, I'm glad I did not go with the orange...

No comments:

Post a Comment