Sunday 6 October 2013

CSI Case File 91

Color, Stories, Inspiration's Case File 91 challenged me to scrap about something that I would not normally use as a subject for one of my pages. The details of the challenge looked like this:

I think I was drawn to the challenge because of the awesome picture of a "hot air balloon" that resembles a teapot! I am such a sucker for hot air balloons....

The colour scheme for the challenge was teal, off-white, pinkish-coral red, buttery yellow and khaki green. I used off-white cardstock for my background, and used yellow cardstock and teal patterned paper (Glitz Design) to add colour along the side of the background. The pinkish-coral red, more teal and yellow, as well as the green can be found in the flowers that I cut from Crate paper. I also used the pinkish-coral red for my title, as well as a group of butterflies "flying" across my layout.

 
There was a great range of "evidence" to choose from. I opted to use the leaves, wet medium (Mr Huey's color mist - gold and pretty pink), border punch and the teapot accent. I loved the bit of glamour that the gold added to the layout, so I repeated it by adding golden threat to the arrow, photo mat and along the left edge of the background.
 
 
I used a number of the clues provided for the testimony. My journaling is about my daily coffee routine, but also about the surprising fact that there's nothing like a cup of tea to relax me...
 
The photograph in the layout is of a beautiful antique tea cup, saucer and side plate. I found this little gem in the old jail in Riversdal. This building has been transformed into a whole lot of tiny little shops selling the most beautiful treasures. I just loved it, and I'm glad I could use one of them as the centre piece for this layout:
 
 

 
Thanks for a great challenge, CSI! 

No comments:

Post a Comment