Sunday 29 September 2013

Scrap Africa "Washi tape and Twine" Challenge

Don't you just love working with paper that really "grabs" you? Ezme designed a really stunning, dramatic layout for Pics 'n Tales this month, using Kaiser Craft's Curiosity Collection. After I completed my version of the layout, there was so much goodies left over, I just could not resist making another layout with this gorgeous paper range.

I knew that Scrap Africa's current challenge asks for layouts using washi tapes and twine. I also knew that I had a few different washi tapes in my stash that would go perfectly with the Kaiser Craft paper, so I made this:


After cutting out a few butterflies from the patterned paper, I brushed them with Ranger's Distress Stickles. 

I tied a piece of twine around patterned paper and tucked it underneath the rest of the patterned paper. Washi tape in different designs complete the background of the layout. A bit of fussy cutting ensured that small details could be added to the layout, like the crowned bird amongst the flowers to the left of the photograph, as well as the rose on the right of the layout.

 
Buttons, bling in different colours and a chipboard title complete the layout. In order to balance the white frame of the photograph, I used a white pen to add some doodling around the edges of the black background, and also added a few white cross stitches.
 

I love how both these layouts came out. Really two for the price of one...

6 comments:

  1. Such lovely pages:) Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Africa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's awesome!Great!Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mare-Liez thank you for sharing your beautiful layouts. Thank you for joining in the fun at Scrap Africa :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning page! I love everything about it! Beautiful work! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh so precious!! what a lovely page, thank you for joining us at Scrap africa. channa

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really such an outstanding page! Thank you for using a Scrap Africa challenge to create it!

    ReplyDelete