Sunday 22 June 2014

CSI Case File No. 127

I haven't played along with any online challenge for a while, but when I saw this beautiful case file posted on CSI, I couldn't resist!


Not only does it include an absolutely striking "scene", but also a great sketch.  I used photos of my sister and I when we were just teeny tiny little girls. I love the fact that the photos are in black and white, which means that the colours of the patterned paper and embellishments really "pop" against the white background.

I chose the camera, bird and a hinge from the evidence list. This combined really well with the rest of my embellishments, which include a chipboard clock, different flowers and circle embellishments cut from a Teresa Collins patterned paper.

 
I used Heidi Swapp's Color Shine (Coral) to change the colour of the circle to a more peachy colour, to suit the colour scheme of the case file. 


My journaling is hidden behind one of the patterned paper banners, thus meeting the requirement on the "testimony" list. The edges of the cardstock with journaling was decorated with washi tape.


Stitching, decorative brads, bling and stamping completes the embellishment list.


I used coral red and grey as part of my title, which was cut on my Silhouette Cameo. The light teal and peach can be found in two of the patterned paper banners, while the white forms the background of the layout.

This is what the complete layout looks like:


It was great fun playing with this colour combination. TFL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment