Sunday 29 June 2014

CSI Case File No. 128

I like to challenge myself creatively. Well, mostly. I don't particularly like the colour purple, but when I saw the colour combination of CSI's case file no. 128, I thought the purple in combination with soft greens and blues, was something quite interesting.

It wasn't very difficult finding anything blue or green in my stash - after all, I am the mother of a boy... But finding any purple items! That proved to be a bit of a challenge. Then I remembered I had an absolutely awesome picture of purple flowers. And this was just the inspiration that was needed.

 
To get around the lack of purple embellishments in my stash, I stamped butterflies on water colour paper, with a little purple bling in the centre.
 


The journaling is on a chalkboard accent - also home made. Purple ribbon and lavender glitter paper helps to meet the colour requirements of the challenge.

 
Here is the complete layout.
 

The white Basic Grey background paper is a bit distressed, and interest was added by flicking purple and green ink onto it. Green and blue paper form part of the background. The "evidence" that I used, includes the numbers across the page, the flowers in the photograph, the chalkboard journaling spot, ribbon, punched border and metal sticker below the photograph.




No comments:

Post a Comment