Monday 17 February 2014

A day to remember

I am trying to catch up with a few projects I've recently created. This layout was for the Pics 'n Tales January class challenge. Ezme and I challenged the girls to create a Christmas layout without using any red or green...

 
My colour scheme was cream and charcoal, with a splash of colour here and there. I used a picture of my son in a school play, when he was about 4 years old. The edges of the cream background paper were distressed, whereafter I added yellow and a touch of blue Distress Ink to the background. To add a bit more interest, I also used texture paste with a very fine stencil, as well as stamping on the background.

Lots of little goodies from my stash found its way onto this layout. Since the colour scheme was so very "untraditional", I decided to go with that idea for the rest of the embellishments as well. Once I had the photo matted on the yellow patterned paper with the corners stitched, sitting on top of the stencilled pattern, I thought it looked quite "natural" - in a wheat sheaf kinda way. So that led to the yellow flowers and leaves being included.


And you know how it goes from there: the picture of the deer added to the theme, sentiments cut out from patterned paper, and a heart for my sweetest boy just "jumped" onto the page. I liked the addition of the clock face. It reminds me of the the passage of time from when he was in this school play. But it is also a reminder to a day about 2000 years ago.


I completed the layout with a few of my current favourite - resin flowers. I can't seem to resist these little beauties at the moment. They are gorgeous, and I used them in different colours on this layout.

 
What started out as a fun challenge that needed some thinking about untraditional colours, turned into a personal moment documented in a way that has meaning to us as a family. Mission accomplished!
 
TFL!


No comments:

Post a Comment