Sunday 9 February 2014

I'm back!!

It feels like I've been away from this blog forever... I have no excuse, because "life happens" to all of us! So without going into any details of my absence, let's rather look at something more interesting.

I am currently in a "stencil phase". Anyone else crazy about the beautiful stencils that are currently available? I've recently played with a beautiful one created by Heidi Swapp, to create stars with texture paste as part of the background of a layout. I've also used it with paint, distress ink and archival ink, and simply love the different results you get just by changing up the medium which you use. In this layout, I've used the texture paint straight from the bottle, but you can colour it by simply adding ink or paint to it before applying it through your stencil.


I used another of Heidi's stencils with Mister Huey's mists to add a chevron pattern to a small section of the background. By combining more than one colour, one can achieve quite an interesting look.


This is what the layout looks like:


This photo was taken sooo many years ago! I thought that the pretty, dainty little resin roses from Prima and the cute bicycle from Basic Grey was a gorgeous contrast to the very scary T-Rex in the photograph. It also picks up on the young, playful feel of the photograph. The bright colours of the title and chevron accentuates the letters on the alphabet patterned paper on the right of the layout, while the black rub-ons creates an accent colour on the layout.

Thank for stopping by! Be sure to do so again!

No comments:

Post a Comment