Friday 28 February 2014

Let's get sketchy challenge

I've discovered another great challenge blog recently, called Let's get sketchy. They post awesome sketches every week, and you have the entire month to complete the projects! When I saw this beautiful sketch by Jenessa Franco, I just could not resist the butterflies, so I decided to do something with it immediately.


I found a very old photo of myself on holiday in Spain, that I wanted to use. As I started going through my stash to put together all the supplies I wanted to use, I found this gorgeous "bubble" design by Studio Calico. The idea for the butterflies quickly changed in favour of the bubbles...


Because of the fun colour combination in the bubbles, I opted for a title with each letter coloured differently. After painting each of the letters, I added Glossy Accents to them.


To continue with the circular embellishment theme, the small viewfinders from Echo Park were just perfect.

The main patterned panel on the layout is cardstock that was inked using a range of different inks and mists. I actually created the other side for another project, did not like it much and decided to throw it away once it was dry. As I put it in the bin, the back side of the paper caught my eye. It had picked up the left over ink from my craft mat when I sprayed and inked the other side. I loved it. Saved from the bin... To add a touch of glamour, I stitched around this cardstock with golden metallic thread.


A little red banner with journaling along the top edge thereof, and a few ink drops completed the layout.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO! Thanks for joining us @ LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome page! love it, you worked Jenessa's sketch! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work, love the unique title and how you used the bubbles from the paper! I hope you come back and play at LGS again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page! Love the clustering. Thanks for joining us at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your layout is awesome! You did a great job with the embellishments! Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work. Thanks for playing at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the sweet compliment of my sketch! I love what you did with it! And I love that you ended up using paper that you thought was trash...sometimes accidents turn into something wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your circles, thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, ladies - you are very kind. I will most definitely return to LGS!!! Thanks for the great challenges!

    ReplyDelete